Dr. Seeley sent this along today.
On May 1, 2, 2015, the world’s leading experts will converge for the 9th Annual CAFE Electric Aircraft Symposium in the beautiful Sonoma Wine Country. The confirmed presenters include:
- Airbus on “The e-Fan Design”
- Michigan’s Satki3 CEO Ann Marie Sastry on “Solid State Energy Storage”
- Italy’s Eric Raymond of GFC I Team-eGenius on “Sunstar and the SunSeeker Duo”
- Slovenia’s Tine Tomazic of GFC I Team Pipistrel USA on “Converting GA Aircraft to Electric Propulsion”
- UCR’s Zach Favors on “Beach Sand for Long Cycle Life Li-ion Batteries”
- Northrop-Grumman’s J. Philip Barnes on “Regenerative Electric Flight”
- NASA’s Dr. Eric Darcy on “Battery Safety”
- Ford/Ricardo’s Neil Johnson on “Li-ion BMS & Gauging”
- Launchpoint’s Michael Ricci on “Propulsion by Wire”
Also expected are Northrop-Grumman’s Barnaby Wainfan on “Low Aspect Ratio Electric Aircraft”, Ray Pekar of Autoliv on “Airbags for Impact, Rafts and EMAS”, Bose Automotive Suspension lead Neal Lackritz on “Active Suspension for Sky Taxis” and Jeff DeGrange of Stratasys on “Breakthroughs in Additive Manufacturing”. The Preliminary Program will soon be posted.
The CAFE Foundation has had an unbroken string of highly successful, information-packed Electric Aircraft Symposiums, and EAS IX promises to top them all. Start making your plans now.